Dinagyang Festival 2014 Schedule of Events
Iloilo City gears up for the Dinagyang Festival 2014. This year’s theme is “Bringing More Fun to the World” with the festival highlights set on January 24-26, 2014.
Dinagyang is one of the country’s top-drawer festival and was adjudged as a grandslam winner of the Best Tourism Event of the Philippines awarded by the Association of Tourism Officers of the Philippines (ATOP).
One of the highlights during the festival proper is the Kasadyahan Festival which showcases the best festivals and fiestas of Western Visayas. It is a prelude to the main event, the Ati-Ati Tribe Competition.
Ati-Ati Tribe Competition 2014 Contingents:
- Tribu Panayanon – Iloilo City National High School
- Tribu Paghidaet – Lapaz National High School
- Tribu Atub-Atub – Veterans Village
- Tribu Ilonganon – Jalandoni Memorial High School
- Tribu Obreros – Buntatala, Jaro
- Tribu Angola – Quezon-Delgado
- Tribu Molave sa R.G. Hechanova – MV Hechanova, Jaro
- Tribu Aninipay – Don Esteban Lapuz
- Tribu Salognon – Jaro National High School
- Tribu Baybayanon (formerly tribu Pag-asa) – Melchor L. Nava National High School and Calaparan, Arevalo merged
- Tribu Milagrosa – Poblacion Ilawod, Passi City
Also part of the festivity’s highlights are the foot and fluvial procession, religious sadsad or religious street dance, Luces in the Sky Fireworks Competition and Miss Dinagyang pageant.
Below is the list of the important events lined up for the Iloilo Dinagyang 2014!
Dinagyang Festival 2014 Schedule of Activities:
(as of 02 December, 2013)
- 17 January (Friday) at 3:00PM – Opening Salvo along the Street Parade Route
- 22 January (Thursday) at 7:00PM – Miss Iloilo Dinagyang Festival Coronation Night at University of San Agustin Gym
- 23-26 January (Thursday to Sunday) from 5:00PM onwards – Dinagyang IHRRA Food Festival at Delgado Street
- 24 January (Friday) at 7:30AM – Salvo of a Thousand Drums at Arroyo Fountain Area
- 24 January (Friday) at 8:00AM – Tambor Trumpa Martsa Musika from Bonifacio Drive to Freedom Grandstand
- 24 January (Friday) at 3:00PM – Religious Fluvial and Solemn Foot Procession of the image of Santo Niño de Cebu. From Fort San Pedro to Iloilo Customs House, followed by solemn foot procession to San Jose de Placer Church (refer to foot and fluvial procession map for details)
- 25 January (Saturday) at 8:00AM – Kasadyahan Regional Festival along the Street Parade Route (refer to festival route map for details)
- 25 January (Saturday) at 2:00PM – Sponsors Mardi-Gras along the Street Parade Route (refer to festival route map for details)
- 25 January (Saturday) at 7:00PM – Religious Sadsad at San Jose de Placer Parish Church
- 26 January (Sunday) at 6:00AM – Concelebrated High Mass at San Jose de Placer Parish Church
- 26 January (Sunday) at 8:00AM – Iloilo Dinagyang Ati Contest along the Street Parade Route (refer to festival route map for details)
- 26 January (Sunday) at 7:00PM – Awarding Ceremonies at Freedom Grandstand
- Dinagyang Festival Official Website: http://dinagyangsailoilo.com
- Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dinagyangsailoilofestival